6 SPIRIT Carabiners
MUST HAVE for Our daily steep roofing practice! The SPIRIT carabiner is the standard for sport climbing. The H-shape reduces the weight of the SPIRIT carabiner (39 g) in order to maximize weight reduction on long sport routes. The straight gate version, equipped with the Keylock system and a special nose shape, facilitates clipping and unclipping the anchor.
These carabiners are light, quickly connect and easy to use. We DO NOT use these for life threatening situations. We prefer the OK and the VULCAN for those situations because of their locking gates.
We use the SPIRIT Carabiners and ANNEAU nylons slings to:1. Fasten our access ladder to the SLATOR or SLATOR-mini at the roof eve.
2. Attach ladders adjacent to the ladder held by the SLATOR.
3. Secure the scaffolding to the building.
- The H-shaped profile offers an improved strength/weight ratio
- Wider contact surfaces for better rope glide and reduced wear on the carabiner
- Available in two versions:
- SPIRIT bent gate: facilitates clipping the rope, thanks to the STRING webbing protection (holds the carabiner in position) and to the Keylock system
- Material(s): aluminum
- Certification(s): CE EN 12275 type B, UIAA
Major axis strength23 kN
Minor axis strength8 kN
Open gate strength9 kN
Gate opening25 mm