Mobile fall arrester with locking function
Meets ANSI Z359.15 criteria when used with a RAY 12mm rope with a sewn termination. System includes Petzl's: ASAP LOCK, load limiting energy 'SORBER INTERNATIONAL (20 or 40 cm)and BM'D triact locking carabiner with a CAPTIV positioning bar.
The ASAP LOCK mobile fall arrester is designed to facilitate handling during rope ascents. In normal use, the device moves freely along the rope without any manual intervention and follows the user in all his/her movements. In case of shock or sudden movement, the fall arrester locks on the rope and stops the user. The integrated locking function allows the user to immobilize the device in order to reduce the length of a fall. The connection arm makes the system drop-resistant when passing intermediate anchors. The ASAP LOCK is used with an energy absorber to work at a distance from the rope.
NOTE: Use of sternal fall arrest rings requires a maximum freefall distance of 2 feet to meet OSHA's standards. Tight ropes and minimal slack are necessary in any safe system.
- Constant fall protection:
- arrests falls, slides, and uncontrolled descents
- works on vertical or angled rope
- locks on the rope even if grabbed during the fall
- Integrated locking function allows the user to immobilize the device to reduce the length of a fall. In case of a strong wind, this function also prevents the rope from being blown upward.
- Simple to use, and effective:
- moves up or down the rope without any manual manipulation of the device
- easy to install and remove at any point on the rope
- connection arm makes the system loss-resistant when passing intermediate anchors
- is used with an ASAP’SORBER energy absorbing lanyard to work at a distance from the rope.
- Material(s): aluminum, stainless steel, nylon
- Weight: 425 g
- Certification(s): ANSI Z359.15 when used with an ASAP'SORBER (international version) or ASAP'SORBER AXESS energy absorber, an OXAN TRIACT-LOCK (international version) carabiner, CAPTIV positioning bars, and a RAY 12 mm rope with a sewn termination